Monday, October 1, 2012

The Goodwood Revival.












One of my most favourite UK events. It was 7 years since I was last there so I was really looking forward to it. I got togged up, a must if want to enter into the whole spirit of the event, and Julian came and picked me up in his Lincoln. After a nail biting 100 mph dash down the motorway (while Jules chatted over his shoulder to me and Ben who was sitting nervously in the back behind the roll bar) we rumbled into the vintage car park and it was game on. What a fantastic day, the racing was intense as always. There are not many places on this earth where you can witness multi million dollar race cars and bikes, of all ages, getting thrashed round a race circuit. They blew up, got crashed and generally very well abused. It really does make the hairs on the back of the neck stand up. There is always a ton of other stuff going on too. Spitfire and Mustang air displays, the paddocks, hob knobbing, it's hard to know where to start. I have more, better photos but I was using an old Pentax so I have to get the film developed, I mean really, whats that all about?! If you have never been then I reckon it's one of those once in a lifetime kinda things.

3 comments:

  1. Cutting quite the dash in your Goodwood garb old chap . . . would give both shriveled testicles to attend that gig, if you can afford a million pound classic, you can afford to rebuild the fucker !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curti o estilo Café Race da primeira imagem! Muito foda!!! É isso ai! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with you Matt, that's a Demoniac event, I"ll go back next year !

    ReplyDelete