Monday, September 7, 2009

Things we wish we hadn't sold: # 2




and its a big one, my 55. I got this off a bloke in Texas about 5 years ago. He used to watch the car race when he was a kid so when the owner, builder and racer passed away he jumped at the chance to buy it. He got stuck for cash so I ended up with the lace painted beauty. I drove around the US for a bit when I came over for a holiday then shipped it back to London. The Chevy was my daily driver, It was a hard car to own in the big smoke 'cos it was basically a race car. But I had the most fun. I sold it after one very bad winter, no heater, crap brakes etc. Selling the 55 was the single most stupid thing I have ever done in my entire life, I miss that car so bad. Actually there are probably tons of other stupid things but I can't think of any right now.

3 comments:

  1. you should have kept that one. Its always the same no heater no brakes fried electrics

    ReplyDelete
  2. That `55 is in Norway now... I like it!
    http://www.frantzenracing.com/CJ/Runar/runar.htm

    ReplyDelete