Monday, August 2, 2010

Martinis


I like Martinis. Someone gave me a Lemon Drop Martini about a year ago and I thought " Mmmmm, this is nice". Anyway, some months later I was in this old '60's Italian restaurant and bar in Westwood ( Cool place by the way, unchanged since 1963, the Brat pack used to dine there. Its all leopard skin, low lighting and red leather) and I ordered a Lemon Drop from the barmaid, she looked me straight in the eye and said "You do know that's a girls drink right?" to which I replied "No, I didn't. Hang on a minute though, James Bond drinks Martinis" she then says "Yeah, but not with fruit in it". Damn, I haven't drank one since.

5 comments:

  1. in the late 80's a friend of mine told me a story. when he was about 12 years old he and his mom were out for lunch and the waiter gives him his drink and a straw. right when he put the straw in the drink and takes a sip his mom smacked him. he asked her what that was for and she told him straws were for women and little children and it was time he start acting like a man. although i suppose i dont see anything wrong with it, i havent used a straw since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. martinis are like boobs.

    one is not enough, and three is too many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. when I was 5 my mum body slammed me into the fridge door for no apparent reason. I asked her why the hell she would do such a thing and she told me she didn't like my face and that I needed a face lift big time. Bummer.
    Dean x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Max don't be mean all the time.
    Dean x

    ReplyDelete