Sunday, October 3, 2010

Another Pleasant Valley Sunday

Since we got back from NYC work has been mental. So the chance to go for a ride with some friends in the canyons up to the Rockstore was a very welcome distraction. Myself, Caleb, JD King and Gilby had the most satisfing day. All the best ingredients, nice weather, great roads, good company, stunning views and then to cap it all off a cold beverage surrounded by motorcycles, some good, some bad. Before we even got to the Rockstore Caleb had a little problem while riding a bank off to the side of the blacktop. When he got back on the tarmac his rear wheel hit some gravel proceded by some inspired ballet moves. After a most spectacular flip man and machine did a full 360 slide. This all happened in sort of slow motion right in front of me, I had ringside seats. Caleb got to his feet, dusted himself off, showed me his road rash, bent the left hand footpeg back straight, started his bike and we were off again. It was weird, the whole time he was sliding he was looking right at me, no expression, just staring. It was kinda funny.


























"Creature comfort goals
They only numb my soul and make it hard for me to see
My thoughts all seem to stray, to places far away
I need a change of scenery
Another pleasant valley sunday"

3 comments:

  1. I was long overdue for a little road rash. Serves me right for trying to surf the curb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fuck thats it im movin west! can't take the time away from brotherhood any longer! your cuisein while we're watchin leaves drop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a good time , except for the falling down part . but hey , it happens !

    ReplyDelete