Sunday, March 13, 2011

Curry Worst Thing Ever???










It was while I lived in Berlin a few years ago that I was first introduced to the local street food...Curry Wurst.
I have to admit...When I first saw it, I was afraid. Very afraid.
Then I tasted it and got totally hooked! It is AMAZING!
We would go out on tour with the band and every time we did, I couldn't wait to get back to Berlin for my fix.
I still dream about it and always try and find it whenever I see a German restaurant...but it's never as good.
Well now I have found a place where it tastes just like it does in Berlin!
It's called Berlin Currywurst @ 3827 W. Sunset Blvd in Los Angeles.
Hardeep, Lena & Haike packed their bags 3 months ago and left their home in Germany to open this place and I couldn't be happier.
Prost!

4 comments:

  1. The important thing for a real good Curry Wurst is to roast not to fry, second: eating it outside, standing not sitting when you eat, feel the weather (ähmm,... german weather :-) ) smeel the flavor of tomatos, the sharpness of curry and other secrets and - pay attention not to splatter sauce at your shirt i.e. So the most guys stand like a curve when eating (remember?). Wishing Berlin Currywurs all the best - happy roasting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, have you tried Currywurst when you were in Bottrop?
    In my opinion the "Ruhrgebiet-Currywurst" is, in many places (not everywhere!) far better, than in Berlin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn makes me miss my time in germany and a little imbiss stand that was around the corner from my apartment! Ok we won't even get started about the beer.

    ReplyDelete