Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Black Snowflake.





I spent the whole day today with my good friend Johnny Surprise. I have known Johnny for many years now and he is a really dependable guy. I sold him a rebuilt 68FLH motor and trans a few years ago and this is what he did with it. I have seen the bike from the beginning stages and throughout the mock up stage, but I can honestly say I was blown away with the end result!!!
Gloss black paint...Magnesium wheels...S&S Dual throat carb...M&H slick...Hurst Airheart brakes with a Performance Machine twin caliper disk brake on the rear...Oh yeah...its KILLER!
Thanks Johnny we are so happy you finished it!
Full feature in DicE Issue 37.
Dean.

10 comments:

  1. Man that bike is HOT! Who makes those rims?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are vintage Kimtab magnesium wheels. They don't make them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn that makes me two for two on picking rims for my triumph build. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this thing is fucking brilliant! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a can of pistol poppin FUN

    ReplyDelete
  6. The candy coated vl framed knuckles and pans are nice but this damn thing is so understated and bitchin it's on another level.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This bike really caught my eye at the roadster show. So trick, but so clean. Nice clean scooter. Loved it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. all i have to say is FUCK those bloody CUNT judges at the GNR's, even saying that is not worth a breath. The typical decision making of these fools, to me, is a very clear display of childish attention span, funny coming from me... Anyway, it was a shocking to find out that an original, uncommon, very unique motorcycle build, such as the Blake Snowflake, wasn't even mentioned at ceremony, but the "totally sweet shiny CHOPPER, on the turntable, and sweet chrome was a show winner... whatever....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pacman! Yeah its a shame it didn't win an award. This bike is so unique they didn't even have a class for it to fit into...so it went into...'Bobber Class'...um...Ooookay...It's as far away from a Bobber that I can think of!

    ReplyDelete
  10. im not really upset, just pinching nipples!

    ReplyDelete