Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bish Bash Bosh

Yeah, well, got hit by a drunk driver Friday night didn't I. Sitting on my bike in the 'no mans land' middle lane of a 6 lane road in Phoenix ( with my lights on I might add ), minding my own business, waiting to do a left turn, when this wanker drives straight into me, head on. I leap off just a split second before the impact, he stoves the front of my bike in and drives away like the clappers, I get a bruised hand and leg. Blah blah yadda. People stop and help, cops turn up, the shovel is on the ground in a right mess. I'm fine, now I'm just itching to get back on the bike. So, anyways Craig of Front Street Cycle is sending me this 33.4, 6 over, front end, sans wheel, bars and light. Looks great right? Yes, yes it does. Joel gave me a front brake, which was very nice of him by the way, so now all I need is a 21" Akront 40 hole rim, anyone want to part with one for hard cash?

9 comments:

  1. hey matt....im just glad your writing this post and your ok mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice that you're ok Matt, hope you find a wheel as soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. matt, i dont know if your bars survived or not but i will donate a set of custom bars to get ya back on the road if that helps at all? andy@pangeaspeed.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Close shave mate... that drunken fucker will get his, somewhere down the line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool that you're ok ! back on the road soon ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the support bruvs. I should be back on the road in a couple of weeks, got a lot of riding to do this year, hell yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey matty , if you find a rim i will gladly lace and true it for you. glad your with us!

    ReplyDelete