Monday, April 23, 2012

Museu De La Moto

I was hanging around at Marcos's shop, FKC, with Frank in a town called Mollet some 20kms outside Barcelona when he said, in his best English of course "Come with me, I have a surprise for you" we strolled round the block to a modern motorcycle shop. The owner hustled us into a lift and took us up to the top floor of his 7 story building. The doors opened and I could not believe my eyes. There it was, all laid out in front of me, the Museu De La Moto. You would never know it was there unless someone took the time to show you. At one period there were over 100 motorcycle manufactures in Barcelona and the area of Catalonia and some of those were in the town of town of Mollet itself. There are not many left these days. The museum celebrates that history focusing mainly on Derbi, Ossa, Bultaco, Montessa and Ducson. The space is crammed with bikes, photos, posters, trophies and clothing from Spain's rich motorcycling past. A real treat and well worth a visit.

2 comments: