Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Anti Gravity.





A couple of weekends ago on the Analog Run my Chinese battery decided it didn't want to play any more. I had gotten as far as Ojai, about 80 miles from my starting point, and the shovelhead went from miss firing to full on shut down mode in the space of a few minutes. Jason and I investigated the problem in a convenient gas station and determined it was indeed a dead battery. Jason took off on his bike and returned 30 minutes later with a (also Chinese) replacement. I was back on the road again. Forward wind to the journeys end at Lopez Lake and there was Eric from Anti Gravity batteries putting up his tent. Oh how he laughed when I told him what had happened. Anti Gravity are Lithium-Ion batteries made in Compton, CA, They are tiny, powerful and will not break, an amazing bit of kit. He kindly sent me one over and it's now nestled in my oil tank and working like a charm. You even get chunks of self adhesive foam padding in the box with the battery to take up any slack left after removing the old piece of shit lead one. I reckon every bike should run one of these little beauties.

No comments:

Post a Comment